Sunday, April 19, 2009

Now I remember!!!

My memory is not the best.  I know that I should know something, but I can't remember why.  That was the case today, when I went to photograph Lindsay Graham for an upcoming issue of Quick (I can't leak any details about the shoot or share any pics... you just have to anxiously await the story to hit the stands and the website).  

Anyway, the name sounded very familiar, but I just couldn't place it.  He runs a local recording studio, so I figured it was from something band-related.  I asked why his name sounded so familiar and he said it was probably from the senator.  With Myspace, I get hit up by soooo many bands and the name sounded like a band I'd heard of before, but I knew I didn't recognize the music.  

Then he said, "No, not a band named The Senator, but the senator."  

Oooooohhhhhhh...  I felt dumb.  There is a band out of New Jersey named The Senator, and I was confused.  He was talking about senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina.  However stupid I sounded for confusing an actual senator with a band name, that wasn't where I was recognizing the name from.  

We talked more about bands and photography.  He told me that he'd done a lot of photography, but that the music recording had taken over his life.  He told me about some of the really cool past and present projects that he'd recorded.  Then he mentioned the Observer right as we were wrapping up.  

Of Course!!!!!!!!!  That was where I recognized the name.  Lindsay Graham used to shoot some of the music stuff for the Observer.  Now I knew why I knew the name...  He always had decent photos, and I'm usually pretty good at remembering other local photographers' efforts.  

So, my memory sucks, but I did get to meet a pretty nice guy, and a fellow photog.  And that's how I spent my Sunday.  Oh, and I dropped off a couple art pieces for a gallery exhibit starting next weekend.  I'll get you more details on that in a few days...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home