Saturday, October 17, 2009

It gives you wings...

I had fun shooting this Red Bull sponsored concert the other night:


I think this will be a blog-only story, so no big printed pics on this one. I'm noticing the web becoming such a huge priority with all my clients these days. It's been something important for a long while now, but not like it has been recently. I think everyone in the print world has finally realized that readers are going to the web first for much of their entertainment.

Heck, many of the biggest publications down at ACL earlier this month were doing web-only coverage. I love the immediacy of it, but I am not a big fan of the tiny images or the tiny mobile screens people are using to view everything. I want my work run big, so people can soak up the details.

I suppose the flip side is that I can run ten images online with a story, where print's limited space meant only two or three might've been used at most. I definitely do love that people get to see more of my stuff now. And it gives me a chance to supplement my still photos with video - something you couldn't do with print before.

I know all of this is old news to the world. I am just mentioning it, because traditional print publications are finally embracing the web content as an equal (if not more important) aspect of business. It means more respect and more pay for doing something online. That's a good thing, right?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home