Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ten years and counting...

I found the first photo I ever took for The Dallas Morning News. It was on December 14, 1999, so I've officially hit my ten year mark with them. I'm glad they have been one of my clients for so long. I've learned a lot since then, and I hope to keep learning until the day I die. I think the best part about shooting for the DMN is that I've met so many great people.


OK, so I never said it would be a great picture. It was a restaurant review for some little wing place. The food looked good, especially to a 25 year old kid, right out of college! I think I shot this with my old Canon A2E. Heck, I might've even been using my Canon AE1 Program during those first few assignments, just because I had a wide variety of lenses for it. I think I only had two EOS lenses when I first got out of school - and one was the ultra-cheap 50mm 1.8f. Isn't that crazy? It's a long way from all the digital bodies and L series lenses that I work with now.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Gail Fountain said...

It's a decent news shot. It helped you start out in the business and that's what counts!

December 17, 2009 at 3:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home