Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Profoto ASMP event was a blast!!!


The June ASMP Dallas networking event was a huge success, thanks to Profoto, Bolt Productions and the Dallas chapter of the IABC. More than just our regular happy hour event, The ASMP Dallas June event was jam-packed with fun, food, friends and free shooting!

Profoto sponsored an evening hosted at Bolt Productions - a local studio and equipment rental facility. Profoto provided some good food and drinks, along with a bunch of new lighting and camera gear for us to test out live. Thanks to the Clutts Agency, we also had some great male models available as our subjects. Oh, and some belly dancers were on the other set... I forget where they came from, though. You can see some of the images that I took during the evening...





I used my Lens Baby brand lens on a couple of the images just to play around a bit. I thought it might give me something a bit different. You can tell which shots are the Lens Baby shots, because they go soft and blurry around the edges. It's a nice effect, but it's not the easiest lens to shoot with. But man, those new Profoto packs were a dream! I love my Profoto gear, but the newest stuff is even faster and more powerful.

Of course, I didn't spend the whole evening shooting. I did plenty of mingling and networking, too. ASMP asked the IABC to have a co-networking event, which meant there were a lot of potential clients to talk with. And, there were a ton of other photographers milling about, checking out the Profoto stuff. I wound up chatting with a ton of old friends and a few new shooters that I'd never met before. Between the shooting, the chatting and the eating/drinking, I just about wore myself out! It was a blast!!!

I'm really glad that I attended the event. I got a chance to try out some cool new Profoto and Mamiya gear, talk with some fellow ASMP members, network with some IABC members and see the new Bolt Productions location! It was a good night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home