Thursday, January 27, 2011

It Was Nice Meeting You, Jack Borden...

I had the chance to photograph a lawyer out in Weatherford, TX at the end of 2009 for a story on active Centenarians that ran in American Profile Magazine. His name was Jack Borden, and he was the nicest, polite, humble, productive and thoroughly entertaining senior citizen I've met. I guess after a hundred years of practice, you figure out what's important in life.

Last week, I noticed a story in the newspaper on Jack. It told about his time as mayor of Weatherford some fifty-odd years ago. It talked about his recent time spent as a successful lawyer and radio host. It also talked about his death. I was sad to see his obituary, but I was honored to know that I met and photographed a man who lived such an extraordinary life. It was nice meeting you, Jack...



Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home