Friday, December 2, 2011

Photo Booths!!!

I sure do love photo booths! I've already blogged about their return in a post earlier this year. I see them at weddings, community events and used as promotional items during product launches or corporate events. They really are a hot ticket these days.

I miss the old school booths... the real ones that developed real photos while you waited. The new booths are all digital, using a digital camera and a computer printer, which isn't quite the same. Maybe I'm just being too picky, sounding like my grandfather (Photo booths were better in my day...)

However, the modern digital booths still capture the fun and nostalgia of the old booths, they are MUCH more portable (no nasty photo chemicals to mess with, for one thing) and most modern booths also offer digital copies of your photos!




There was a booth set up at a recent event I was hired to photograph. During a break, I took my assistant inside the booth for a little photo fun. Who could resist?!?

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

I love photo booths as Promotional Items. I know some people complain that they have a logo attached to their photos, however, to me, I love receiving the photo and looking back at it years later for the memories. Besides, chances are, depending on the logo, I may have actually visited the location and have even more memories to think back on.

December 20, 2011 at 11:23 AM  
Blogger Bob said...

After reading your post earlier this year I arranged for a photo booth at my daughter's wedding, set up in the hallway just outside the reception ballroom. A line quickly formed. In 90 minutes the booth created 46 wonderful photo strips.

The message on each strip is the couple's name and the date.

Thank you for the idea!

December 25, 2011 at 7:35 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home