Thursday, March 5, 2009

A serious read for photogs...

I almost didn't read all the way through this article.  It was pointed out to me, and I was told it was an "eye-opener" for self-employed photographers.  Well, the first half was a bit boring and pretty obvious.  It was late and I was close to calling this one done.  

I'm glad I kept going, though.  Page three and four really ARE eye-openers.  It details the reality of waiting for clients to call and taking assignment rates that sound good - until you really add up your expenses.  Read it for yourself (and stick with it to the end):  

www.rangefindermag.com/repository  

I'm dealing with much of this right now.  How do I keep moving in this tough market?  How do I make sure I'm bringing in enough work to make a difference?  How do I keep up to date with technology and competition without blowing my budget on new gear, computers, software, etc?!?  

There may not be many answers in the article, but it does raise enough questions to get you thinking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home