Wednesday, June 10, 2009

It's official: my computer is old...

I tried to work on some test video from the new Canon 5D mkII today.  It shoots some outrageous HD video!  Only one problem... my computer just can't keep up with rendering all that video.  In Final Cut Pro, a regular chunk of video would take about ten seconds to render.  The same chunk in HD was ten minutes!!!  

I'm gonna switch the camera to non-HD for now.  If I take normal, non-HD video, the computer can digest it.  And all my video stuff appears tiny on the web, so HD isn't a priority yet.  Not to mention that a 4 gig card got filled up in 13 minutes of shooting HD video.  I don't even know where I'd store all the files after a few video shoots.  I'd be trying to store about twelve gigs of video per shoot, which adds up to a lot of hard drive space QUICK!!!!!  

I'll get this all figured out soon enough and report back.  But I will say this... The initial video I just shot has me thinking the 5D mkII will be a pretty cool piece of equipment in the war on documentary video!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home