Monday, July 20, 2009

Gel your flash...

I used to gel my strobes and flash head to get perfect color balance. I slowly stopped doing it, just because you could color correct in Photoshop with a little effort. For the flash head, you could just pick up one of those Lee Filters gel sample packs and pull out the ones you needed most. You know, I probably still have a couple of those sample packs stored in one of my old bags/cases, if I dig around and look for one.

Anyway, I think I'm going to start gelling my on camera flash again. I think I'll get a better picture in-camera, instead of messing around in Photoshop. Why bother spending a few minutes trying to select and balance different parts of an image on the computer, when I can spend about three seconds taping a gel to my flash and calling it a day?!?

I found a good blog that describes the process better than I could, so I'll just send you all here for more info:

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home