Monday, September 14, 2009

Inside the Pelican case: Profoto heaven...

OK, so I've received a LOT of hits from my Profoto AcuteB 600R review found here:


It was a pretty good review, though it rambled quite a bit. This time, I figured I would show you some pics. For anyone who wants to pick up a pair of these portable powerhouses (I love alliterations), this will clue you in on the best way to make this system 100% portable.

This first picture is of the case: A Pelican brand 1560 wheeled case, with the dividers (not the foam). This case is great for maximum maneuverability and protection. Plus, it can double as a step stool, so that is one less thing to carry with me. I've stood on this case a bunch, and it holds up well.


This next shot is inside the case. You can see everything I need for a basic shoot:

A.) a Pocket Wizard Multi-Max transceiver - remember that the 600R has PW receivers built in.
B.) two Manfrotto stands. I think they are 3373's off the top of my head. They are small enough to fit inside the case, but go tall enough for most shoots.
C.) Profoto AcuteB 600R power pack.
D.) Profoto AcuteB head.
E.) Pelican 1560 rolling case.


One more look at the case full of gear. As you can see, any softboxes, adaptors or other accessories have to be carried separately. No big deal, though. I can often roll this kit, carry a backpack with cameras and hold a bag of softboxes/misc items all at once. I can roll into a shoot without assistance, and be set up in five minutes...



Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice setup! thank you for a very useful and balanced review!

September 15, 2009 at 12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you fit any extra batteries in there? Thanks.

April 11, 2010 at 3:51 PM  
Blogger Janikphoto said...

I can't imagine fitting much else in here. I was able to put a couple Bogen Superclamps in there, but that's it. The case is packed very efficiently, with no real wasted or unused space.

April 12, 2010 at 1:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Jason, If you were to remove the stands, would your ring light fit in the case? I ask as I have the same setup and am considering getting the ring light. Otherwise, how do you transport it? Thanks! Ed

November 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM  
Blogger Janikphoto said...

A ring light is too big to fit in this case. You'll have to go to a larger case or not carry the second strobe head.

November 13, 2014 at 11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jason,
Thanks for the info!
Best,
Ed

December 1, 2014 at 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home