Friday, September 4, 2009

Sick can't stop you...

I got sick this week. Some sort of cold or flu or something... whatever it is, I don't like it. It has slowed me down, but it hasn't stopped me from working. I still went out yesterday and shot photos of a former Dallas Cowboys player who was indicted in federal court. Today I still had to shoot Dallas area radio personality Gordon Keith for an upcoming cover of Quick. And the weekend is full of shoots - tonight, Saturday morning and all evening on Sunday.

I still have bills to pay. As a freelance photographer, I don't have the luxury of calling my boss and taking a sick day. I will admit that I took yesterday off from marketing. I normally try to contact a couple new/potential clients every work day, but I didn't have a clear enough head to pitch my services. Today I had to play catch-up, and even though I'm still sick, I felt good enough to start contacting businesses again.

That's how it is when you want to be a full time freelancer. It can be very rewarding, but it really is full time. No paid vacation. No sick days. Just shooting pictures and contacting clients... but I love it!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home