Saturday, October 17, 2009

My old pics...

A long time ago, I was just a college kid in love with the local music scene. I started a website on Geocities, back before everyone and their grandma had their own website. It was filled with pictures of Texas bands - hence the name The Texas Bands Page.

The pictures weren't the best, but the website had a lot of heart. And since there were maybe two other websites on all of the internet at the time that focused on North Texas bands, I was always getting a lot of hits and a ton of emails.

Well, times change. Now I shoot for big national publications and shoot international rock stars. I still love shooting local bands, but I don't add anything new to the Texas Bands Page. And now Geocities is closing down - or closed down, depending on when you read this post. All those bands and musicians will be lost to the public, because I'm not going to move the site anywhere else.

Luckily, someone cared enough about the old days to ask if they could post a sampling of the old site for future viewers to see:

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, I checked out the link. Saw that you had a few photos of Doosu! Loved those guys. Do you have any shots of Casey doing one of his famous back-bends while playing the guitar, that would be awesome!

October 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger Janikphoto said...

Yes! I've shot Casey seemingly breaking the laws of physics on stage! I also shot his wedding. He's a great guy and a great rocker!

October 27, 2009 at 10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home