Thursday, January 21, 2010

Profoto dancer...

So, I went to the Profoto shoot that I mentioned in a previous blog... the one to let photography assistants test out their strobes and light modifiers during a free seminar with professional ballerinas as models. I was there as vice president of the Dallas ASMP to represent the group and answer any questions the assistants might have.

I shot some video of the event, which will be online later, maybe in the next few days. It was fun and the photo assistants and students that attended got some good experience with the new Profoto Pro 8a Air packs and Giant Reflector 180. I was eager to try out the new equipment, too. I snuck into the mix and snapped off half a dozen frames. Here is one of my better shots:


I definitely liked the packs and wouldn't mind some one on one time with the reflector. It was too hectic to really get in there and play around with all the gear tonight, especially when this event was supposed to be about the students and assistants.

We are talking to the Profoto guys to come back in town sometime this fall and maybe give the ASMP members a closer look at some cool, new gear. That should be fun!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home