Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Green Day vs Converse...

I already blogged about and posted my Green Day concert tear sheets several weeks back, from when my photos ran in the Dallas Morning News. I'm not going to repost the newspaper clippings. Instead, I thought I'd share a few extra shots and make an observation that pretty much every image appears to have at least one pair of Converse showing!

I know that Converse is sort of the unofficial shoe of punk and rock and roll, but seriously... the first shot looks like it could be a Converse ad with the shoes flying above the crowd! And, I think Billie Joe Armstrong of Green Day is wearing an all-black pair. If not, they are a knock-off of the originals.







I've been wanting to push for more commercial clients. Maybe I need to taylor a portfolio for Converse? They do their marketing in-house, so I could easily send their people a book filled with rock and roll pics that showcase the classic sneakers... Anyway, I kind of got off track with my post. It was supposed to be about Green Day, but wound up being some sort of Converse shoe rant. Back to the music - enjoy the Green Day concert pics!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home