Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jason Janik Shoots Sports?!?


It's true that I'm not exactly known for shooting sports in Dallas. There are so many great sports shooters here, some with Pulitzer Prize awards for their Olympics coverage. Sports is their life and that's what they've focused on their whole career. I have spent most of my career shooting music, performances, plays and people... not sporting events. I would not be considered a "sports shooter" by my peers.

However, I have been known to point my camera at a few athletes in the past. I used to get a lot of praise from a certain news editor, because I shot Volleyball and Basketball with such a different eye than the average sports guy. Of course, I had another photo editor that absolutely hated my Volleyball and Basketball shots, because it looked so different than the normal sports photos.

Sometimes, music and sports collide, as it did in October 2006 when I was hired to shoot an X-Games style competition and the Deftones concert afterward. I can't remember what I was shooting with back then... maybe my 10d or 20d? You can see how poorly it handled shadow areas at a high ISO compared to today's cameras.











If you like these photographs, you should check out my website at www.janikphoto.com

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home