Thursday, February 16, 2012

Old Polaroid Film...

I pulled out my Hasselblad 501c/m today. It has been collecting dust lately. I found a few sheets of old Polaroid film still in the holder, probably not touched for the last few years. I didn't expect it to work anymore.

I know the type 55 b/w stuff will last a long time past its expiration date, but the color stuff doesn't have the same longevity. The processing chemicals dry up and it becomes useless. Well, this stuff wasn't useless. The colors may have faded and the film isn't quite what it used to be, but it still rendered an image!


Man, how I missed pulling that strip out of the back of the holder and then grabbing hold of the film and giving a firm yank! It was an action that felt purposeful and manly. I can still smell the Polaroid chemicals...


Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home