Monday, March 9, 2009

Books...

Has anyone used one of the growing number of custom book making companies out there today?  I've seen advertisements for a bunch of companies over the last couple years, and the prices keep dropping.  It's basically just a POD (print on demand) service, that allows you to create a photo book... a real book, bound and all.  

I've never heard of this company before today, but their prices look pretty darn good:  


I wonder if the quality is any good.  For those prices, I have to ask myself if it seems too good to be true?!?  A 7x7" softcover book with up to forty pages for about fifteen dollars?  I might just try doing one, just to see.  It would be easier than my hand-bound portfolios, and might look better.  So, has anyone used one of the POD book companies yet?  A company besides the consumer-level ones... I forget some of the consumer-level brands, but they'll make a book from your iphoto images  or direct from a cd or cf/sd card (though, I've heard they look pretty bad).  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home