Saturday, March 7, 2009

Sometimes you'll get lucky!

Sometimes it can be hard to photograph a subject.  Sometimes you'll get lucky.  I always try to make the photos for this feature very fun/goofy/light-hearted.  I want it to match the feeling of the text, and the questions and answers are usually so much fun...  


I was especially lucky to get such a willing subject on this one.  When you think of someone who performs with the Dallas Symphony Orchestra, you think stuffy and serious.  I was expecting to get a real conservative shot.  As we started talking, I realized that I had someone pretty cool in front of the lens.  

I got a few "safe" shots, then asked my subject if she'd mind holding the horn in a fun and/or goofy way, maybe over her head.  She immediately put it on like a hat.  We both laughed, then I shot.  I think it works well...  

I guess the reason I decided to blog on this, is that not every subject is willing to work with you.  Some people just won't feel comfortable getting silly in front of the camera.  However, it doesn't hurt to ask, because sometimes you'll get lucky!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home