Monday, April 13, 2009

Current issue...

I'm pretty happy with the current issue of Quick.  I think my photo of Denton, TX musician Robert Gomez looks pretty darn good.  A great cover is not just a great photo.  It takes the photo, the initial idea/plan, the layout and design, and a good editor to make sure the vision/idea actually translates well in the final product.  

I've seen plenty of publications get things "kind of right" or "not so right", because they messed up in the planning stage, photo, layout, or final edit stages.  It really takes a lot of effort to make something look effortless...



The current issue is filled with my photos, but I'm not going to copy and paste ten pages worth of my images.  You'll just need to pick up a copy around town or download it at www.quickdfw.com to see everything.  I will share this page, though:  



Why this one?  Well, I just think it's interesting when a photographer photographs another photographer.  I think I captured Scotty Mankoff's spirit pretty well.  His interview is a pretty fun read, as well.  The quantity of pictures that he's taken over the last couple years is mind-boggling, so I wanted to show him buried in his photos - literally!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home