Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Multimedia Journalists take note...

This is a good little article to read if you want to know where the money is:


Newspapers and traditional media are scaling back, and in some cases, closing up shop all together. This article gives a good perspective on other avenues where a multimedia journalist (photog, writer, blogger, videographer, etc... all wrapper up in one) can go to continue his/her trade. I read the story in print, in the current issue of PDN earlier this month. However, I thought the online version was worth linking to, after reading David Leeson's comments regarding the story:

An informative article by PDN writer David Walker about life after newspapers. I loved my life as a newspaper photojournalist. I experienced a privileged life, where wealth was not measured by a bank account but rather in the diverse riches of human experience.

I am not a daily newspaper photographer anymore but the good news for me is that I have been able to remain a photojournalist. My camera is capable of recording motion and sound with video.

For me, and many others, a new era of photojournalism is before us. There is no equal to the power of the still image but it is equally beautiful to produce "images" that move and speak.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home