Thursday, August 13, 2009

Garage Days, re-re-revisited?!?

I wonder if this photo idea was lost on most of the viewing public? I had to photograph a great Dallas band, named Here, In Arms for a feature in Quick. They are definitely NOT metal, but I thought it would be fun for them to honor/spoof a classic Metallica cover.

I'm not the first to pay tribute to this image, and probably won't be the last. I know of a band called Sloppy Seconds that copied it down to the tiniest details, even shooting in a similar white bathroom. I've seen others, but can't recall names off the top of my head.

However, even with a world full of Metallica fans and numerous copycat images, I am thinking that most of the readers might not get the reference. I wonder how many (or how few) got the joke?!?

My image of Here, In Arms, goofing on the Metallica cover:

The original Metallica cover:

On a side note, this is one of those images that always fascinated me for some reason. Maybe because the band looks so intense... and the wide angle lens makes everything feel so 'in your face' that you can't help but notice it. I have it on CD, but would love to find out if it was produced on vinyl. That would look so great hanging in my studio!

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger PM said...

I got the reference, Jason - nice. Always like that Met pic too.

August 18, 2009 at 11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home