Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Business Cards...

My proof is ready for my new cards. I will go approve it tomorrow and then (hopefully) have cards not long after. Why do I bother telling you this? Maybe, because I get "real" cards, not cards printed on the home computer... not the ten dollar cards you can get at Office Depot (the ones that look like you found for free in a dumpster). I pay decent money to get custom cards made.

You are handing this card to someone who may pay you hundreds or thousands of dollars for a photo shoot. You need to hand them a card that looks professional. You need to hand them a card that looks creative. You need to spend a little money here.

OK, you are saying to yourself, "But, custom cards cost $50 to $100 to make, not $15 or $20 like the ones I currently get from Staples. I don't want to pass out expensive cards to everyone and their daughter."

OK, I'm right there with you. I don't want to waste my expensive cards on a homeless guy asking me for change or the woman who was just telling me about her recent alien abduction. Nothing wrong with aliens or the homeless, but if they show absolutely no interest in photography, a fancy business card isn't going to change their mind.

However, when I meet someone working in the marketing department of a local business/corporation, I want to hand them something very professional. I want them to see my confidence in my craft. I want them to see that I didn't just print off a card at home and decide that "today is the day I'm going to be a professional photographer".

Spend some money on good cards and hand them to potential clients. It is worth the extra money. Trust me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home