Wednesday, September 30, 2009

By the way...

If you still haven't figured it out, you need to ask for the sale, so to speak. I've had a few people state this fact, since the economy took a dive this year (I think Hal Samples can be credited to one of those times). And guess what... It is true!

I used to be able to do my work, and new clients would call me. I've heard a few people say their business was the same way. Those same people are saying they have changed gears and are now calling up potential clients and asking for the shoot. This doesn't mean that you call them and start begging for work. It means you need to put your name out there and let them know that you are interested in working with them.

This proactive mindset isn't as easy as the old days, when I'd have a new client call me. But, you know what? It is paying the bills. So, find a list of people that you think you should be working for (don't call up Nike and ask to shoot their next campaign, if you are fresh out of college. Look for REAL day to day clients that you know would be a good fit for your shooting style and level) and call them. You'd be surprised what will come of asking for the work, instead of just sitting and waiting for the phone to ring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home