Sunday, September 20, 2009

Morton H. Meyerson, and Not the Symphony Center

A lot of Dallas streets, parks, schools, landmarks and buildings are named for people that most of us have no clue about. Well, I was thinking about it the other day, and thought I'd share some photos of Morton H. Meyerson. Yes, the man who's name graces our Symphony Center.

You would think it is named after some person from a hundred years ago, but it isn't. I actually had the chance - no, the honor - to photograph Mr. Meyerson at his home a few years back for The Dallas Morning News. He was very friendly, very sincere, very cool. He just seemed... nice.

Anyway, I only spent an hour or so with him, but I think I got some good shots. Now, it makes me wonder what other landmarks are named after people I could still meet face to face. I know plenty of places are named after the city's founders and early leaders, but it still makes me curious about the story behind every dedicated building or street sign I see.



Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home