Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's not all Rock and Roll...

Dallas just doesn't have enough music photography to pay all the bills, plain and simple. It makes up a big chunk of my annual income, but I'd be driving a 1980's Honda Civic and eating Ramen noodles if I ONLY shot music in Dallas. We'd all like to herald the vibrant and talented scene here, and it IS amazing. However, it's not LA, NY or Nashville.

I bring this up, because you'll have to diversify in Dallas. Yes, I shoot a lot of music here in Big D, but I also shoot a lot of corporate and PR stuff. And it can be fun, because it gives me some variety. For example, I was recently commissioned to do some shots of a private school during their family day and during a community performance.

These images will most likely be used in brochures and on a website for the school. There wasn't much rock and roll, but I liked it! Was that a bad pun? Yeah, I know... I'm cheesy like that sometimes. Anyway, enjoy the non-rock side of my shooting...










Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home