Monday, February 1, 2010

Yes, it does snow in Texas!!!



I had to shoot popular indie band Midlake for a recent cover story. The band is based in Denton, TX, and the shoot was set for the last days of December 2009. As I made the 45 minute drive north, the weather turned pretty bad. I didn't mind so much, as it gave me a chance to shoot the band in the snow - something that Dallas photographers don't get to do very often.

The band's new album is a bit moodier and darker than the last, so the snowy backdrop was a perfect fit. Who knows when I'll have another snow shoot? Colorado photogs probably see the wintery weather as just another day in the office, but us southern shooters only get the rare flurry...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home