Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Recent work, a couple covers...

I thought I'd share some recent work... a couple tear sheets from the daily news and a couple covers from Dallas' best weekly publication: Quick! I'm not all that great at providing juicy details regarding the photo shoots, but I will try to give some sort of behind-the-scenes comment on each pic...

The above shot was pretty much our very last frame of the evening. We did a bunch of stuff in a local restaurant and out on the street in the Bishop Arts District of Dallas for this cover story. Some of the other images ran inside with the feature. It was getting dark and the writer and art director suggested the two models get very close - like they were about to kiss. I told her to grab his collar, and suddenly we had the winning shot!


Out of all the Austin City Limits Festival pics the Dallas Morning News had to choose from, they chose to run a crowd shot of mine. I had some killer shots of musicians performing, but this image must've best set the tone for the ACL weekend. It just goes to show you that the audience can be just as important as the band!


I was hired to shoot an important news conference by a business news wire service. Southwest Airlines made a big announcement and I got plenty of official "podium" shots. After the event, I spotted Southwest Airlines founder Herb Kelleher outside giving a quick interview on his way out (very quick! I think it was a one sentence reply), so I snapped a few frames. The image was picked up and ran around the country! Good thing I was prepared...



TX-OU weekend... it's a big thing here in Dallas every year. For the game day issue of Quick, we actually painted up some hands, just like you'd see waving in the Cotton Bowl stadium bleachers. It's not often that I shoot crazy-colored appendages, but it was fun.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home