Sunday, December 12, 2010

Talk about DIY Flash Diffuser?!?

I ran into this guy at a nightclub last night and noticed his DIY diffuser for his flash. I could tell right away that it was homemade, but I had to go up to him and take a closer look. I love DIY projects!



As you can see, it is basically a clear, plastic, take-out container stuffed with something fluffy - maybe pillow stuffing? He said it cost him about a buck to make. I asked how well it worked and he showed me a pic on the back of his screen. The light was very diffused and even. The image had a little bit of an odd color cast to it, but I'm not sure how much of it was related to the diffuser - there are several factors in a nightclub that can affect your image color balance!

Overall, this would be a great flash diffusion trick in a pinch... assuming you could find a take-out container and an old pillow nearby. I'm not sure that I'd want to walk into a high-paying event with that thing on my camera, but still... it was a great DIY to stumble upon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun idea!

June 13, 2012 at 3:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home