Thursday, March 12, 2009

What you missed...

So, I attended a CADD (the Contemporary Art Dealers of Dallas) event downtown earlier tonight.  It was worth attending.  As a Dallas photographer, it's important to keep track of any photography-related events happening around town.  Since this one was ALL photography, with contributions for numerous galleries, it seemed like a good event to check out.  

I will say that I loved some of the pieces and hated others.  I won't name names, since art is very subjective.  The piece I like, others may not.  My least favorites may be amazing works of art to others.  In any case, I was glad to see the art.  

I did notice that you can sponsor the CADD, and I would've done the $100 level if money weren't so tight right now.  But with the general economy tanking and the newspaper and magazine industry slashing budgets, I need to be a little more conservative with my money right now.  Right now I need to put that $100 into advertising/marketing for Janik Photography.  But enough about me and my money (or lack of it at the moment).  Let's see some art!

The following images were taken with my iphone, so please excuse the lack of quality:  



There was a decent crowd, but the event wasn't packed... at least not at 6:30pm.  More people started making their way in around 7pm.



There was a DJ at the gallery.  His name was DJ Juan Solo, if I remember correctly.  He was pretty decent, and his tunes/style matched the images well enough. 


Another view of the evening.  The space was nice and the art was interesting for the most part.  


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home