Monday, April 13, 2009

Invoicing...

Why is invoicing clients so horrible?  I try my best to put it off until I have to.  I procrastinate and look for ways to postpone it (like writing blogs, instead).  You'd think it would be the very first thing that I wanted to do.  

When you are billing clients hundreds or thousands (or occasionally for me, tens of thousands) of dollars, you'd think the invoice would be a celebrated and joyous event.  Well, there is a certain amount of pride that comes with seeing a large dollar amount attached to your hard work (it's much better than doing a lot of work and being unpaid and unappreciated), but it is still office work.  

Maybe because I'm an artist at heart, or maybe everyone hates this sort of clerical stuff...  I don't know.  Either way, I absolutely hate having to create and send invoices.  It is so boring.  That's the life of a freelance photographer, though.  25% fun art stuff and 75% boring business/office stuff.  Get used to it, if you want to be in the business.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home