Monday, April 13, 2009

Pinhole photography...

There have been a lot of photographers attempt the art of pinhole photography.  I spent an entire semester in an independent studies photography class focused on pinhole photos during college.  It is a very challenging and very rewarding art form.  

It's been years and years since I pulled out any of my homemade pinhole cameras (I built them from old scraps of wood, tin cans, or any other light tight object I could find).  I was reading the Sunday edition (yes, it's Monday already...  I fell a day behind in the newspaper, because I was really busy yesterday) of the Dallas Morning News and noticed a fun story in the Guide Sunday section.  

The story was about one of the DMN photogs - G.J. McCarthy - titled "In Trash, Beauty".  In the ten years I've been contracted to shoot for them, I've seen a lot of the photographers up there try some pretty fun and creative photo essays.  I think this is the first pinhole essay, though.  

There is a video link on their website, if you missed the printed story.  It shows a few pinhole pictures and has an interview:  



Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home