Sunday, November 15, 2009

Jason vs. Epcot Center...

OK, so Disney World's Epcot Center would have been an easy one to beat, had I really been trying hard to get some fun photos. It is filled with picturesque scenery and hundreds (if not thousands) of great, picture-perfect moments. How could you not leave Epcot without a ton of wonderful, family-friendly vacation pics?

Believe it or not, I didn't really shoot many, though. I don't plan to sell any stock pics of Disney World. I don't have any specific magazine or newspapers that need Disney pics, either. So, I turned off my professional photographer mode, took it easy and kept the camera in my bag for most of the day. I got a few family pictures here and there, and that was it.

There were two things that caught my eye, however. One was the Giant ball that houses the Spaceship Earth ride. My babies kept staring up at it. They were in awe. Their fascination made me take a step back and try to examine it from a very simple, innocent perspective. I found that when I deconstructed it into basic shapes and balanced it against the clear, blue sky, it almost turned into abstract art.


The other thing that got my attention as a photographer was the Living Seas building. It was filled with colorful sea creatures. They weren't the easiest things to shoot, but it was fun trying. This one was especially fun to look at and photograph...



I don't mind that I skipped a million picture moments today. I had more fun just walking around with the family. My mind was still analyzing all the different photo opportunities, though. I kept seeing spots, objects, things, etc. that would be fun to photograph. I don't know how to turn that off completely. It's just in my blood, I guess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home