Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Digging through old photos...

I was digging through old photo files, looking for an image that The Recording Academy (the Grammy Awards people) wanted to use. While searching for it, I found a bunch of photos that were either:

a.) terrible to look at now, but I thought were cool way back then.
b.) terrible then and now. Why did I even bother shooting them?!?
c.) still cool after all these years.

I always liked this series of images strung together. It is of the Texas indie band Eisley from 2002. I shot it with my good old Mamiya medium format camera using available light and a small extension tube on the lens. That camera made for some great images. I think these would still hold up today...


I also thought this image below was decent, considering where my skill level was back in 2002. If I shot it today, I wouldn't throw it away, but I'd definitely feel like I phoned it in. It's still got a place in my heart, though. And, at least it shows that I didn't suck back then, but I've also grown a lot as a photographer over the years.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home