Tuesday, December 14, 2010

They Are Still My Photos...

Sometimes you may be looking at my photos without even knowing it! Some clients have automatic reprint rights, due to my contract with them. Certain clients also have rules that allow them to label any older photos as "file photos" instead of listing the specific photographer, which is a way to simplify crediting archived photos.

The system made more sense before the digital age, when it could be difficult to match up a photo with its info. Today, the system seems antiquated, since all sorts of info can be digitally stored inside the actual image, making it very easy to retrieve the detailed information.



Here's a good example of my old photos being reprinted without my name credited to them. Both the Wu-Tang Clan image and the shot of Rob Halford were taken by me several years ago... one concert in 2007 and the other in 2005. You might not have recognized them as mine, especially since they have the "file photo" credit under them, but they were definitely taken by me right here in Dallas!

So, next time you see a concert file photo in the paper, take a second look... it might just be mine.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home