Monday, May 11, 2009

Got Korn?

I've photographed a lot of rock bands over the years, but I still feel bad when I have to turn down an opportunity to shoot another show.  This weekend was the second time this month that I was already booked with another photo shoot, so I had to turn down an assignment to shoot a concert.  

This time I was asked if I could shoot the Edgefest all day concert for the news.  However, I already had two shoots booked - one was my museum client and the other was a wedding.  I've already shot most of the bands on the Edgefest bill before - Korn, Blue October, etc - so I wasn't missing out on some rare chance to shoot a reclusive musician.  But still...  I'd rather shoot a band for the third or fourth time than not shoot them.

I looked in today's paper and they wound up sending fellow shooter Ricky Moon in my place.  It looks like he got some real nice photos, so I don't feel too bad.  I feel worse when a client can't get me, so they wind up getting some blah photog in my place.  If I had looked in the paper today and seen some lame images, then I would've been bummed.  I'm glad that Ricky did such a great job!

But, don't get me wrong.  I still would prefer that a client sends me over another shooter, even if he/she gets some great images.  I'm hoping I won't already be booked the next time someone calls me for a concert or band shoot.  I don't mind missing a show here or there, but I don't want to miss them all.  I'd much rather shoot Korn again and again than not shoot a concert at all.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home